Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ASBMF- Challenge #5- A Rainbow After the Rain

Hello again, all! First of all, I have 22 followers? When did that happen? Thank you so much everyone! That means a lot!

This challenge was difficult for me. I had initially tried something earlier last week that went to crap really quickly. So, I took a few days off, thought a little, and went and tried this design out. It works well enough. It's not my most favorite design but it's a great improvement on the initial design.


When I first read the challenge- A Rainbow After the Rain- I pictured watery, slightly pastel colors. Well, that obviously didn't happen. See, this week has already been a difficult one for me. Some experiences at work and in my personal life have been a little taxing and have made me feel all around sad and worn out. So, enter in nail polish! I wanted to pull out as many of my bright colors as I could to make these rainbows vibrant. I always think of rainbows as a promise of hope, change, and better things to come. That's a good way to look at the rest of the week! Things can only get better!


I added the white clouds as an after thought.  I like the way they make the design look.





Here are the colors used in this design (Left to Right)- Wet n' Wild- Believe Me, It's real, Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl, Sephora by O.P.I. Opening Night, NYC white, Sephora by O.P.I. Caliente Coral, Striper Nail Art, Sephora by O.P.I. Cab Fare, Sephora by O.P.I. High Maintenance, and Orly Charged Up

8 comments:

  1. Love the clouds, glad you added them. They really look great with the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really glad I thought to add them!

      Delete
  2. Rainbow clouds!! Pretty rainbow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me on my blog aswell! : )

    http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete