Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ASBMF Challenge #11- Eggs and Chicks

Ahh....this challenge. I really wasn't looking forward to doing this particular challenge. Why? Well...mostly because it's May and I feel like wearing bright colors and glittery things and eggs and chicks just screams muted colors to me. So, I thought to myself- how can I make this less Eastery....more any time of the year? I came up with the idea of doing a little baby blue bird instead of a baby chicken. I hope that's okay!
For the egg portion, I decided to show it in varying states of breaks.
I think the idea looked better in my head, but I'm IN LOVE with my baby bird!! I wish I had done more!



I was so nervous about drawing my little bird! He came out super cute though!



Tried to make it look like he just broke free from his egg. 

I wish my egg lines had come out better. My hand was shaking so badly today and caused me to smudge them. So frustrating!

For this, I used a base coat of Sinful Colors- Snow Me White, I drew the eggs with SoEasy Stripe Rite in black, the bird was hand drawn with Zoya Yummy, accented with Nubar Blue Hydrangea, and beak and tootsies were done with Essence Mellow Yellow.

I hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading!

-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Love the birdy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm thinking I might give a full manicure of this little bird some time in the near future!

      Delete