Friday, May 25, 2012

ASBMF #10- Butterflies!

This challenge was a series of trial and errors. I initially wanted to do the popular butterfly wing nails but messed up a few time and got so frustrated! So, I took a day off and came back to it. 

I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Four Leaf Clover on all nails but my index. Index got 2 coats Sally Hansen Pacific Blue. Colors were opposite on my right hand. Butterfly was drawn with a white, purple shimmer, green, and black nail art brushes. Flowers done with dotting tool using Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Color Club Almost Famous.




I feel as though I should have excluded the flowers. I think it would have looked better without them. Your thoughts?

Also, I'm super bummed the true color of the base polishes didn't show up on my camera! Four Leaf Clover is so VIBRANT in person. And Pacific Blue is much deeper in color in person. I tried to fiddle with the color settings but nothing worked well enough. 


Best picture I could get of the butterfly up close.





Hah! Look! My right hand! I had no idea how dry it was until I was editing my pictures! Oops!

I hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading!
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment