Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lollia Relax

So today, I'm doing something non-polish related. Kind of weird...but I guess I never really committed to the idea of the blog being nothing but nails. The blog is more about showing things I like, things I enjoy, and truly just sharing with this lovely community!
Well,  I was recently in the market for new perfume. I happened upon this brand- Lollia, by complete chance. I was actually looking at this line's sister- Tokyo Milk, and decided to purchase a few from both lines.

I'm going to begin with Lollia as I purchased more of these than the Tokyo Milk. I'll explain why when I get to the Tokyo Milk post.

Lollia is a line of fragrances, lotions, candles, etc...that are created by Margot Elena. This line is literally the epitome of girly! Everything from the scents, to the packaging, to the descriptions scream feminine! And every once in a while, we all get that desire to indulge that side of us!

Since it's summer, I knew I wanted some lighter fragrances and it took me a bit to figure out which I would want to try! I ordered these online (details to follow at the end of the post!) and it was a huge leap of faith for me. I had no way of knowing if I'd like any of these, but the descriptions sounded amazing!

So, I chose 3 from the Lollia line. Instead of full sized bottles, they offer smaller decants for an even more affordable price! First up is Relax. And remember, the way the scent registers on me can be completely different than how it registers on you. Everyone's body chemistry is unique!




(See?! What did I tell you about the packaging?! And this is just the small version!)

Relax is described as:
                "A rich exotic blend of fresh Lavender, Bee Blossom Honey, with White Orchids, and warm          woody undertones of Indian Amber delicately completed with a touch of Tahitian Vanilla"
(description taken from site HERE)

When sniffed from the bottle, I get a smooth base with a high floral note. It's comforting and awakening at the same time. On application, it smells bright with that smooth base again. It's like an easy Spring day. As it dries down, more of the warm tones come out and most of the floral steps back. As it begins to fade, I get a more grownup candied scent...not in a foody sense, but more of a mellow smoothness? 

The scent doesn't seem to last long on me. It lingers around the skin and doesn't drift off- which for some occasions can be wonderful! I don't really detect the lavender or honey at all which is disappointing. The overall feel of this scent is lovely though. I don't get a "relaxed" vibe from it, so much as a comfortable feeling. It's nice and I know I'll use it. It's such a lovely, soft scent once it dries!

You can buy this directly from the Lollia site HERE. The large (3.4 oz) retails for $48, while the small (.25 oz) retails for $9.

However, in my online perusing, I happened upon this wonderful site HERE. Skincare by Alana carries tons of skincare items (obviously!) along with a few other things. Lollita is one of those other things! 
At Skincare by Alana, you can purchase this perfume in it's full size (3.4 oz) for only $46, and the decant (.25 oz) for $18- but get this- the $18 includes TWO decants. In addition, Skincare by Alana offers FREE U.S. SHIPPING! No $ minimum! And that's not all!! She often offers discount codes on select brands! When I purchased my perfumes, there was a 15% off Lollia promo going on! So, I save on initial prices, got 15% off my items, AND free shipping! I love me a deal! Oh, and be sure to sign up for the Skincare by Alana email subscriptions. Tons of promos come through there too. And, you can follow her on Facebook.

Oh, and to finish off, if you're wondering on the general size of the decants, here's a picture to give you an idea. My hands are long, but I think you get the idea!


It's a decent size! And with the Skincare by Alana purchase, you get 2!

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for reviews of the other scents that I purchased!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment