Monday, June 4, 2012

ASBMF #12- May Flowers! (Watercolor Manicure)

Wow! I only have 2 more to go and I'll have finished my first challenge!! Soon up, I'll begin the Summer Challenge! But let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

For May Flowers, I knew I wanted to try the watercolor manicure technique. When I first saw this technique, it instantly reminded me of an impressionistic version of a flower garden! I knew this would be perfect for this challenge.

Now, this was my first time executing it. I will say, I've learned a lot on the way on how to make this even better next time.
More than anything else, I learned that I need to get a better brush! I used a makeup brush and it was just a horrible shape and kept falling apart. Hilariously, I have a few brush strands STUCK in the polish on my right hand. I got super annoyed when this happened but there was nothing to be done! Those babies were stuck!

Also, it's disgusting out today. It's dark and rainy. I tried and tried to get some decent pictures but only manages one. Better than none!!


Poor, poor middle finger. Too much acetone fell off that stupid piece of crap brush and killed the effect- and washed away some of my base!!
Other than that- it's not too bad for a first try! And I like my version of "flowers".

I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the base (2 coats), added Seche Vite to keep the base from running (2 coats), and then used Color Club Almost Famous, and Poptastic and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!


I hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading,

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment