Thursday, October 13, 2011

Here We Go!

       So, I've toyed with this idea for quite a while. To blog, or not to blog? I've teetered one way, then fell back the other way...but now I've decided! Why not? What do I have to lose? Not a single thing! So, here I am.
       I don't have much of a plan for this blog yet. All that comes to mind is posting whatever I feel moved to post. I enjoy creating, making, and dreaming up many things. I'll likely post such things. However, I hope to gain some knowledge through my time here blogging. If you have any bit of knowledge/constructive criticism for me, regarding the post of the day, I'll gladly accept it!
      With that said, I suppose I'll start this blog by sharing my current obsession. Nails. Nail polish. Nail Art. I've been working with creating some pretty looks in the past few months, and so, I'd like to just share them now.



This was my first experience ever with nail art. Water marble done with Sinful Colors in Mint Apple, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue, Orly in Charged Up, and Orly in Going to the Chapel. I am so proud of how nicely they came out. Try to disregard the messy cuticles. In my fit of sheer joy of having successfully completed a water marble (that didn't look like a complete massacre) I forgot to clean up!



Shortly after discovering how to water marble, I came upon the dotting tool. This is truly one of my most favorite designs I've done. Done with Sinful Colors in Tokyo Pearl (base), and dots done in Sinful Colors in Black on Black, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue.



So then I tried to get a little more fancy and do a funky french with the dotting tool. The idea was great! The color choice was not...ugh! But, I did wear it for 2 days! Base was Nina Ultra Pro in Leaf Me Alone, with the dots being OPI in Strawberry Margarita and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away!



Last one for you all that I have was my first use of a striper brush. I'm quite proud of this one as well. Came out better than I had anticipated. I question the color combination, but I think it seemed best at the time. Base color if NYX Girls in Pistachio, L.A. Colors Art Deco striper brush in white, dots in NYX Girls in Indigo Blue and NYX Girls in Chocolate Taupe. Top Coat is my beloved Seche Vite.

I think this should more than do it for my first blog post. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment