Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Candy Corn/Spider Web Mani

Ugh, so this blogging often thing is already off to an iffy start. However, I started this as a way to catalog some fun nail designs and talk about stuff that makes me happy. So, on that note, something that makes me happy:

H A L L O W E E N !  

It really is my favorite holiday. Everything from the history and spiritualism behind it, to the dressing up in costumes makes me swoon in anticipation! With the way the cards have fallen this year though, I'll be bowing out of actually celebrating the day. So, to keep my heart from crumbling, I at least wanted to keep up with the themed manis. Be warned, this was my first themed nail art and my downfall is always that I set the bar too high with what I want it to look like in the end. This didn't quite meet my expectations but, in it's own right, it's fun! I used colors that were available because I don't have the funds to go out and buy exact colors (secretly, I think the neon adds a little pow! to the look). Also, please don't judge the chips in the polish. I neglected to photograph the nail right after I completed it.


Base is Sally Hansen Xteme Wear in White On, stripes done with Color Club Wham! Pow! and Color Club Almost Famous. Copper glitter stripes done with L.A. Colors Art Deco in Copper Glitter. The spider web was some freehand art that I did using Finger Paints. I don't have the bottle with me so I don't know the name. All I can tell you is that it's a basic finish black. I finished it all off with a topcoat of Seche Vite.

I hope you enjoy! I'll do my best to have more up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment