Saturday, October 15, 2011

Anticipation

         I spent a good portion of my day pouring over the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL) website. Mildly obsessed with it now. How could I not be? The word alchemy alone is enough to suck me into a vortex, but sure, throw literature, mythology, fantasy, and out of this world scent descriptions and you've got one amazing concept.

       So, to explain, BPAL is a company out of California that creates oil perfume blends. Now, now, hold the dismissive notions. These aren't your typical blends. Their goal is to create scents that evoke emotions, and create scenes and landscapes. They are inspired by works of literature, artwork, mythology, and seasons and in turn, the scents that are created, relate directly back to what inspired them. Was that confusing? Let's try to clarify.

       Obsessed with Alice in Wonderland like I am? Well, how about a scent that is the embodiment of Tweedledum (Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea)? Or, even one inspired by the poem, Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat (green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax)? Yeah, you heard me. 

        Alice in Wonderland not you thing? How about trying one of their seasonal limited edition scents. This time of year (until some time in November) the Weenies are available. They offer anything as sweet as Pumpkin Princess (Bright, sweet pumpkin with vanilla fluff, guava, chocolate-dusted white amber, tiare, red currant, raw honey, and meringue), or as season appropriate as Devil's Night 2011 (This is the scent of autumn night, fires in the distance, with a touch of boozy swoon, playful sugar and thuggish musk).      
   
             Seriously, no matter what your scent preference is, you can find something appealing on the site. They have herbal scents, foody scents, dark sinister scents, light scents, watery scents (think ocean!), and even some aromatherapy types. I strongly suggest you check them out. To make it even easier, head on over the the scent search area  and utilize it! Say you're a fan of  green tea scents, and would like to find a blend containing it on the BPAL site. Well, just type in "green tea" and there you go! A whole listing of things to chose from! 

          I think the only down side to the company is that they take forever to send your order out! I'll let it slide though because the waiting is because they hand mix the scents, bottle them, and ship them. Props for freshness!
            Mom, Sis, and I placed an order for imp ears (what BPAL calls their nifty samples of the scents) over a week ago and we're still waiting. The site's homepage says it takes anywhere from 14-21 business days to process an order soooo I'll be waiting a bit more. In my anticipation, I looked at the site again and ended up purchasing a bottle of Devil's Night 2011. The limited editions don't come in imps ears, so I've got a 5ml bottle waiting to be made. I also placed an order for 3 more imps ears (High John the Conqueror, The Harlot's House, and Cathode) and for a bottle of one of their dream formulas called Oneiroi (apparently can give you some crazy dreams per the reviews on the forum).  Mostly, Oneiroi sounded like the most sleep inducing scent and I just need a little something extra to calm my racing mind at night. 

        Basically, I am on the edge of my seat to get that order of imps ears that mom placed so I can get my hands on some BPAL! Then, I will be super anxious to receive the order I placed today. But anyway, I'll post some pictures and thoughts about the scents once I get them. In the meantime, click on over to the BPAL site. Check it out. Be in awe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment