Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year and New Ideas

       Happy (Belated) New Year! Although I've been keeping up with my manicures, I've been lax in my photographic documentation of them. I had a really cute pink and black tiger stripe manicure earlier in the week and just didn't get around to taking a picture of it. Really? How hard is it to just snap a picture? Apparently...difficult enough! But anyway, here is the manicure I've been rocking the past 2 days. Please excuse the tipwear and chips, as I wore it to work yesterday and hospitals are just barbaric on nails. I'm just thankful it photographed as well as it did.
       So, I wore a Zoya polish that I received from their promotions last month (woo!), and used an amazing nail art brush. I cannot sing enough praises for this brand. It's called Stripe Rite and available through Sally's Beauty Supply stores. I just love how smooth the polish was, and how precise the brush was. Anyway, there I go rambling again. Back to the design. First, here it is:







I started with a base of Zoya Yummy, then took my white nail art brush and began the flare design. Then I took my black nail art brush and added a few lines to add depth, and then added some silver glitter for some glitz. This was something fun and a little different for me. I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of art deco style. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment